Health care providers and facilities must report AIDS, HIV, and most other sexually transmitted infections to the local health jurisdiction within 3 working days.
There are two ways to report infection in Pierce County:
- Fax the Confidential HIV/AIDS Case Report Form (or the STD Case Report form for other infections) to (253) 798-3824
- Mail the Confidential HIV/AIDS Case Report Form (or the STD Case Report form for other infections) to: Washington State Department of Health, Assessment Unit. PO Box 47838. Olympia, WA 98504-7838.
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae Antimicrobial Susceptibility Surveillance — 2014 | MMWR
- Syphilis Increase and Prevention of Congenital Syphilis
- Syphilis 101
- National STD Curriculum Self-Study Modules (Training)
- Pierce County STD data
- STD Resources
Resources for Patients
Tools for Working with Patients
- Asking Questions about Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity in Clinical Settings
- Taking a Sexual History (CDC)