Our Commitment to School Health
To achieve our vision of Healthy People in Healthy Communities, the Health Department offers or facilitates a wide range of programs, services, and connections for schools. These services are developed through suggestions and feedback we receive from schools and school districts.
The Health Department serves more than 250 public schools in 15 school districts, and numerous private schools throughout Pierce County.
Immunization Toolkit for Washington State Schools and Childcares
Visit www.tpchd.org/immunizations for current children’s immunization sites.
Healthy Students = Successful Students
We care about our students physical and mental health.
Both play a major role in our student’s ability to learn. We want students ready to learn, engaged, and have access to strong support systems. Not just in schools, but in their home and community too.
For more information about services the Health Department provides to schools, or to make connections with Health Department staff that support student health contact someone below:
Immunizations (Washington State Department of Health)
2017-2018 School Year
- Child Care and Preschool Requirements (For Child Care Providers)
- School Requirements
English, Español, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Somali, Tagalog, Vietnamese
- Varicella Requirement Letter for 7th and 8th Grade
- Varicella Sample Letter for Parents
- Department of Health Sample Immunization Forms for Schools (exemption, status etc.)
- Controlling Norovirus
- Cleaning Information
- Parent Letter (English)
- Fact Sheet
- Infographic poster
Public Health And Community Resources
- Healthcare Referral Guide
- Low Cost Dental Resource Guide
- Family Support Centers
- Nurse-Family Partnership
- Tobacco Prevention and Control
To receive updated information you can sign up for Public Health eNews.
- Exclusions for Schools
- Exclusions for Childcare
- Flu Symptom Checklist
- When is Your Child Too Sick for School?
Other Related Documents
- Head Lice (American Academy of Pediatrics 2015)
Head Lice Clinical Report (American Academy of Pediatrics 2015)
- Infectious Disease Control Guidelines for School Staff
(Washington State Department of Health 2014)
- School Pertussis Reporting Form
- School and Childcare Immunization Requirements, CIS and COE Webinar